Thursday, July 18, 2013

50 Foals Challenge: Foals 5-11


With both parents working from home, Annette absorbed their attention and learned very quickly how to walk and talk. It helped that she was a very clever child. Digit and Starlet grew up and were sold. Flicka had a foal by Wayfarer, but as Ditto looked just like his mother and did not inherit any unicorn qualities from his father, I somewhat ignored him in favor of aging Annette up well.

I will give Ditto credit- he sold for over $10,000, just because of his relations to a unicorn. So Annette will grow up in the lap of luxury due to him!


Bella gave birth to this oddly colored creature named Walker (Bella x Earth Shaker, half-brother to Digit and Ripley). Pardon my in-game shot, but I include this picture due to odd foot placement. It made me do a double-take. Ah Jareth... even without your tight pants, you are always a phallic object.


Annette did her part for the family funds by painting, just like her mother. Due to race money/jumping money from Wayfarer, selling several foals, and fishing/painting earnings, the family was able to afford to purchase a new house... a very nice house, might I add. 



Somewhere around this point I sold Flicka, now an elder, and adopted a black mare whose name escapes me (I think I called her Athena...we'll go with that). During this process, Bella gave birth to another foal, Serena, the filly with the black band around her middle (Bella x Cavatina, half-sister to Walker, Digit, and Ripley). Afterwards I sold Bella, soon to be an elder, and adopted Fortune, the grey mare in the back, who I bred to Wayfarer. This is about the point when I stopped paying attention to what was going on in the game.


Annette did not think much of becoming a teenager. But she was about to get a gift that would change her mind.


Fortune gave birth to Stardust, a unicorn filly, on the day that Annette became a teenager. As I had planned to have Annette carry out the challenge when she aged up again, it seemed perfect. Now she would have a unicorn to breed.


Annette immediately bonded with Stardust. The two became nearly inseparable, leading to a few near misses with the school bus.



Oh, and here is foal #8 all aged up. (Athena x Someone... I really became dismissive at this point...) I think her name was Shadow. She was somewhat outdone by the unicorn filly....


As his last act before leaving the family, Wayfarer taught Annette how to ride. Then Jareth returned him to the wild. He had done his duty... or so I thought.


Fortune and Athena gave birth to two more fillies, Ashes (grey/white) and China (black/white). But at this point I discovered something very depressing. Stardust aged up... but I could not breed her at the stable. Unicorns evidently cannot be bred in that manner... there must be a stallion in the family to try for foal with. Also, unicorns cannot be sold. I evaluated whether or not to keep a stallion on the premises for Stardust, but I would constantly be rotating stallions in order to keep with the challenge's rules (no foals by the same two parents). Disappointed, I decided to allow Stardust to return to the wild. 

Although I could have continued playing, I was disheartened by this turn of events and decided to end the challenge with foal #11 (Ashes). I might return to this challenge again, but if I do, it will not be with unicorns. Fair warning for anyone who wants to try it!







No comments:

Post a Comment